Cart empty

My Account

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Some text goes here

TOPIC: Covid vaccine while on cycle

Covid vaccine while on cycle 1 month 1 week ago #14768

• stevestout
Has anyone here had covid vaccine while on cycle . Is it safe to get while on cycle or should I wait until after cycle to receive ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Covid vaccine while on cycle 1 month 6 days ago #14769

• jp4355
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1459
stevestout wrote:
Has anyone here had covid vaccine while on cycle . Is it safe to get while on cycle or should I wait until after cycle to receive ?

I Don't know if it's the same, but it may be.

I was on the Corticosteroid "Prednisone" for Lower Back Inflammation.

And was told I had to wait 2 Weeks after I finished to get my Covid Vaccine.
Because it would Diminish the Effectiveness of the Vaccine.

Specifically:

The Spine Intervention Society's (SIS) interim advice is currently to keep a period of two weeks between your COVID vaccine and your regular steroid shots. "It may be prudent, based on indirect evidence, to schedule elective corticosteroid injection approximately two weeks before vaccine administration and no later than one week before vaccine administration to avoid potential decrease in immunogenicity of the mRNA vaccines," they advise.

While some other experts' timelines vary slightly, the general consensus is the same. Michaela Schneiderbauer, MD, of Southern Vermont Health Care recently wrote: "While conclusive evidence is not yet available to recommend for or against using steroids around COVID-19 vaccinations, the providers at SVMC Orthopedics are recommending that our patients hold steroid injections in the two weeks before and one week after administration of COVID-19 vaccine." And for more COVID news sent right to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.

My Spine Surgeon said the Exact same as above............... JP
The administrator has disabled public write access.